FIND AN APARTMENT
THAT FITS YOUR BUDGET >>
RENTAL BUDGET SMART. YOUR APARTMENT IS A BIG CHUNK OF YOUR $$$! LEARN HOW MUCH RENT IS RIGHT FOR YOU!
BUDGET SMART. Your apartment is a BIG chunk of your monthly cash. Let’s do it right!
TIPS FOR SMART RENTAL BUDGETING
First of all, when considering an apartment, you have to think about more than just rent! In addition to moving costs, there are fees and deposits, pet costs and utilities, that all come into play. You should consider all these (below) with your monthly rental budget and make sure you can actually afford it!
Almost all financial advisors say your monthly rent (or your portion of the monthly rent) should not exceed 1/3 of your monthly income. Therefore, most apartments won’t accept renters that make less than 2.5 to 3 x the rent. Do you like apartments a little out of your range? As a result, here are a couple ways to land the pad you want and stay in budget.
- Snag a roommate! Since sharing the rent for all the communal spaces can really cut your costs, finding someone you can get along with and share your space with can help you get into an area or apartment that you really want to be in.
- Prioritize. Do you really want a fantastic interior? A resort-style pool? A downtown view? A short commute? Also central locations + great interiors + great amenities = $$$$. But if you can figure out what is most important to you, you can usually find really nice amenities and interiors a little further away for a MUCH better price. Location your thing? Maybe you can do without the stainless steel appliances.
- Look for Specials. Finally, this is where our apartment locators really hook you up! While most communities don’t advertise their specials except on their own site, we keep a current database of current unadvertised and advertised specials.
Maybe your are hiring movers, even packers. In addition, uou should count those expenses to your overall cost. The further you have to move, how easy move in is, all effects the cost of the move.
- Electric heating vs. gas
- Age of the property
- Location and size of windows
- What providers are available at the property and their rates
In conclusion, all of those may affect how much your monthly bills come out to.
The best apartment locators!
5-star reviews and a 2016 & 2019 Best of Austin Winner, so we’ve got your back! Most noteworthy, we’ll find you the best possible apartment quicker and easier than you can imagine! Get started >>
CALL OR TXT
Come see us anytime! Our office is open for walk-ins M-Th 9-6, F 9-5 and Sat 10-5. Sun by appointment.
Call Us! We answer phones 7 days a week 9am - 9pm!
A Plus Apartment Locators
11150 Research Blvd #208, Austin, TX 78759
Office: (512) 231-1400
Toll Free: (888) 757-5151
Fax: (512) 502-9890
Hours: 9 am - 6 pm Monday through Thursday, 9 am - 5pm Fridays, 10 am - 5 pm Saturday, By Appointment on Sundays.
Need the manager? We want to hear your feedback! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Housing
All persons or firms named herein are licensed brokers or salespersons in the State of Texas. Copyright 1998 A+ Apartment Locators. All Rights Reserved.
Please refer to our: