Shop The Blue Genie Art Bazaar
Photo courtesy of @moonfindershop on Instagram
Austinites like to keep it weird and local, so head to the annual Blue Genie Art Bazaar to shop like a true Austinite. You’ll find kitschy items and original works from over 200 local and regional artists. Artists
Dates: November 24 – December 24
Time: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m daily
Location: 6100 Airport Blvd.
Visit The Paper + Craft Pantry
Photo courtesy of @thepapercraftpantry on Instagram
If you are going to be shopping Austin, you should know about Springdale. It is an up-and-coming creative mecca, and one of
Hours open: Varies | check here for times
Location: 1023 Springdale Road #6B
Shop SoCo , SoLa or SoFi
Photo courtesy of @rachel.lately on Instagram
Shopping Austin’s South Congress district (
Austinites like to keep it eco-friendly. Thrifting and re-purposing is one check on the “I’m officially an Austinite” list. This method might take longer but think of the ways you’re saving the environment AND keeping it weird. If this is your style, here’s a few thrifting options that will have you shopping Austin like a pro!
- Buffalo Exchange – a UT Campus staple
- South Lamar’s Moss Designer Consignment– for the brand-lovers in your life
- Austin Pets Alive! Thrift Stores – multiple locations and it supports our furry friends…
- Goodwill of Central Texas – also multiple locations and helps provide jobs, job training and at-home support for thousands of Central Texans
- Top Drawer Thrift – for a true, quirky Austin shopping experience
- The Next to New Shop – shop while supporting the outreach ministry sponsored by St. David’s Parish
- Uptown Cheapskate – a Best of Austin finalist, shop high-fashion on a thrift budget
- Austin Creative Reuse – A DIYers dream! Recycle your unwanted scrap and pick up anything you need for that homemade gift!
Check Out The German Christmas Market
Photo courtesy of German-Texan Heritage Society on Facebook
The German Christmas Market is one of the unique holiday Austin shopping experiences. There is food, entertainment
Dates: December 1
Time: 10 – 5:30 p.m.
Location: The German Free School Building | 507 E. 10th St, Austin, TX 78701
*Special early preview for members on November 28 – 29
For Next Year: The Christmas Affair
Photo courtesy of The Junior League of Austin on Facebook
The Christmas Affair has come and gone for 2018, but we highly recommend adding this to your calendar for next year. ‘Tis the season of giving back and this event does just that! The Junior League of Austin hosts the four-day holiday market that is a vintage celebration of the season with a French flair. The funds raised
Want more ATX holiday shopping ideas? Check our article on local boutiques in the Domain!